Friday, July 11, 2014

Fezmazing

            Camel Burger in Fez!!


Our weekend in was cooler than the tassels on the red fez hat that I shamelessly overpayed for. Fez is basically a human incubator, and I don't know if I have ever experienced anything so hot. Most of our time in Fez was spent in the old city mediina, and although Rabat's mediina is amazing, the mediina in Fez is what I pictured Morocco to look like: narrow streets full of small shops, donkeys, and traditional clothing. In the evening on Saturday we travelled to Moulay Yacob, a small village town known across Morocco for its sulfur springs. There many of us went to the Hammam to experience the healing powers of the sulfur water on our skin. While there we saw a very heated situation involving naked woman body slamming, bucket throwing, and a lot of incomprehensible shouting in Arabic. I can now officially say that I experienced a catfight in a sulfur Hammam in Morocco, I never thought that I would be able to say. 
On our way back to Rabat we stopped in Chellah, old Roman ruins in the middle of nowhere. 
This weekend we have come completely free so I am excited to be able to explore Rabat with Charlotte. 

No comments:

Post a Comment