Saturday, June 21, 2014

Like the Oxford Dictionary, I'm Morocco Bound

Currently the group is huddled in a big group of luggage in the departure section of the Brussels airport. The plane ride to Brussels began with quite the adventure as half of our group was not assigned a seat when we checked in. It turned out well for some us, for instance I was placed in the crew rest area which entailed fancy blankets (which I stole) and extra legroom. For others however the reality became that they didn't have a seat on the plane because it was overbooked. Our plane was then delayed for an hour while our chaperone and resident director, Sarah, argued for the right of the "seatless trio" to be on the plane. Finally after and $800 reward and approximately 67 minutes later, everyone was finally settled on the plane. With the help of extra legroom, the fancy blanket, my pillow pet, and a sleep aid, I slept almost six and a half hours. I am using my precious half-hour of free wifi to write this post while wasting the eight hours of our ten hour layover that we have to spend outside the gates because we cannot check our luggage more than two hours before our flight. My Simba pillow-pet has become a hot commodity among the group members; Sarah (the RD) is currently using it as a much needed cushion on the hard metal surface of the chairs that seem to be more fitting for torture than comfort. Well, my thirty minutes are almost up, so I will say ma'a salama for now! Next time I blog I will be in Morocco, I am still having trouble wrapping my mind around it.

1 comment:

  1. Heard you and your follow travelers have reached the end of the "Road to Morocco". Congratulations and enjoy! Love, Memere and Pepere

    ReplyDelete