Sunday, June 29, 2014

One week down, and I still don't want to leave

Currently a group of us are congregating in an empty classroom at Amideast to mooch off the wifi. Our first week in Morocco has officially ended, but it feels like is has been so much longer. We started classes today, and I tested into the intermediate level. Although this week has been very challenging in class I believe that it is a good fit because after people both moved up and moved down there are only four people in my class. Our small size makes it easy for class to be very interactive, and since all of us are very competitive class games are very entertaining. This week we learned basic sentence structure and basic present conjugations as well as a ton of new vocabulary. At home, I have been able to pick up more words when my host mother and sister are speaking, and I am starting to be able to deduce the basic idea of conversations. I am still convinced that my mother is the best cook in the entirety of Morocco. Every night Charlotte and I are amazed by the culinary genius she concocts using only a portable stovetop and a traditional oven. This first week has been amazing and I cannot wait for the next five to come!

1 comment: